I ❤️ Developers and love educating them through my interactive content and events. My passion to serve the developer community dates back to 2011 when I started my indie game studio which I named Ninja Pig Studios. Over the course of 5 years, I developed and self-published over 15 titles on a variety of platforms such as the B&N NOOK, Kindle Fire, and Nintendo Wii U. In total, my titles acquired over a half a million paid downloads and millions have watched game play from my titles on YouTube.
While still actively creating video games in college, I discovered the University of California Riverside had a need for customized educational software to teach students how to code HTML and CSS. To today's date, Learn CS8 has saved students over $300,000 in book fees and is helping business students at UCR learn computer science.
Currently, I'm living and working in San Francisco at MuleSoft as a Developer Advocate! I host local community meetups, write technical content, educate developers and speak at technology conferences. On the weekends I enjoy hiking, autocross, live music, and spending time with friends at the park. Feel free to reach out to me anytime, I'm here to help 🥑
• Developing technical tutorials and YouTube videos to educate developers on how to use the Anypoint Platform. Focused on writing API design, API development, and DataWeave tutorials.
• Speaking at major industry events and meetups on API and integration development, along with developer education.
• Improving developer experience, developing realtime API demos for MuleSoft.com.
• Responsible for developer marketing strategy which included building the PubNub Meetup Program
• Planned and executed developer events & workshops. Responsible for audience acquisition, sponsors, speakers and judges.
• Planned and presented at a minimum of one meetup per week.
• Founded San Francisco’s most attended game development meetup group and grew the community 475% in 2018.
• Speaker at GDC, Cisco’s DevNet Create, Developer Week, IoT Dev Con, and more.
• Hosted events and developed collaborative partnerships on developer content with the following companies: Tibco, Twitch, Optimizely, Sentry, IBM, Google, Magic Leap, TypeForm, SmartCar, Soracom, and Microsoft.
• Created and developed the PubNub Ambassador Program from the ground up.
• Developed and published technical content/tutorials to improve the developer experience.
Developed and published an education website utilized by the University of California Riverside to teach introductory computer programing to students not in an engineering major. Over 700 students each academic quarter are required to utilize the Learn CS8 portal to learn HTML and CSS programing.
• Represented company at industry conventions: GDC, AnDevCon, Google I/O etc.
• Designed, programmed, published, marketed & managed over 15 games and applications
• Acquired over 500,000 collective paid downloads on all of Ninja Pig Studios products
• Coordinated cross promotional marketing business partnerships with other developers